[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES

+12
Phoenix
Smash
Aegis
Master Dread
Sudzee
Radish*
UncleFrank
Default_33
Kennison
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Raging Raven
Treason
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Empty NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES

Post by Treason Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm making this post after consulting a few other {MsM} moderators of people being curious and interested in an explaination of the general rules and expectations of the new no r-n-g server. This is not a very formal guideline but I believe it will help both the general public and current MsM members who are new to no run n gun servers and want to follow the rules and give this new server a try

1. Dont run and fire auto or semi-automatic weapons. (Semi-autos are the Garand, m1a1 carbine any weapon set to the single shot option with full auto capabilities and yes sorry also pistols)
2. bunny hopping while firing is a form of run n gun also
3. crouching to move and fire is acceptable
4. standing still and firing is acceptable, but I dont recomend it Smile
5. staffing while standing and scoped (looking down sites) is also acceptable
6. running and firing bolt action rifles is acceptable . This is a good option for new players to the gametype because you dont have to worry about your stance. I highly recommend this as its how I learned to play no r-n-g.
7. please do not suicide!
8. GRAB A WEAPON, CROUCH DOWN AND HOLD ON! {MsM} ROCKS!

I truly hope this helps interested players and urge {MsM} members to be ready to help members and non-members alike with the rules and just have fun
thx for your time {MsM}Sfc.Treason

Last edited by {MsM}Sfc.Treason on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Treason
Treason

Back to top Go down

NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES Empty Re: NO RUN AND GUN SERVER RULES

Post by Raging Raven Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Nicely put Treason Smile
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

http:// myspace.com/persephone55

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Good deal Treason.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks Treason, and just to add I have really had fun this week playing on the new server. I appreciate all the MsM players who have tried the server out and who sincerely are trying to follow the rules. I know it can be hard at first but I really do appreciate that you all are giving it a try.

I'm going to try and set up a scrimmage with another no run and gun server shortly so I hope those of you who are interested can get the rules down and we can beat the other clan.

By the way, the sniper guys are perfect for no run and gun especially on the bigger maps.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Sounds good Kennison, maybe everyone will get the rules down pat before long. As for the scrimmages, please go through Aegis with that ok. He is our Scrim leader and he will help you set up the times and dates for that. Thanks alot Kennison and we really appreciate your working with the Clan like you are. God bless ya.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey guys, just an update, the reason SoC is no longer alive is because ther server was no run-n-gun as well, ppl dont usually know wut it means and usually dont like it, so just for a heads up
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:07 pm

I totally disagree with you but respectably. The SoC server was very much alive and populated for several years and even up until it went down this last time due to ALL servers going down. There is a certain type of player that actually likes the no run and gun/tactical server and SoC did very well.
If our no run gun server does not do well then we will make other changes but we will give it a try and plenty of time to see. If not then nothing lost. Thanks for your input. God bless you.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 pm

thanks treason
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Raven Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:51 am

I really like it, it has improved my aiming skills, and it's not as chaotic. I like playing All weaps but sometimes it can be a little much especially when there are a lot of people on the server. And from what I've heard about SoC it failed because the owner didn't care to keep it running anymore.
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

http:// myspace.com/persephone55

Back to top Go down

Post by Treason Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:44 am

lol yes Default Raven is on the write track with that I have a little insight into the that one Smile so I would love for you to give it a try you may like more than you expect. I aggree with Kenni everyone has been great not only with no r-n-g server but in all aspects of the game. So thx all the way around {MsM} and welcome guests alike!
Treason
Treason

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:09 pm

When the SoC server was working it was in the top 10 populated servers on CoD 1. That includes all CoD 1, 1.3, and 1.5. So, lack of participation is not the reason it is no longer around.

Crouch servers and no run and gun servers are very popular. Currently there are two in the top ten on COD 1. One is a sniper server and the other is a tactical crouch. Both are on 1.5. Crouch and no run and gun is a style of play that you either like or dislike. There are many that like it and of course there are those who don't. I agree with Raven all weapons can be fun but sometimes it gets chaotic. No run and gun prevents that. It also removes a lot of the luck one can have with spray and pray.

The void that SoC left in 1.3 was felt so badly that currently 1.3 has two no run and gun servers. Go figure.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Radish* Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:48 pm

I have a question about the rules. It may have been answered already and I missed it but here goes:
If I have an auto and I'm standing up and aiming down the site, while straffing (which results in a walk) is that considered running and gunning?
Radish*
Radish*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm

thanks for the information, I did some bunny hops in accident. :/ bad habit I guess. Hopefully I will have time to jump on this week, I am very very busy. Praise our good Lord. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Radish, Treason and I will have to talk about that. I personally don't have a problem with it. Treason has played more than me and might know the problems that allowing that might lead to.

My issue is someone running directly at me and running me over with an auto while i'm crouched or prone.

Last edited by MsM Ssgt. Kennison on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudzee Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

ha, i stink at n-r-g but i usually just use rilfes lol. sorry bout shooting ur head off treason at pavlov lol, me and rad ur tearing it up today xD

Sudzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Treason Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 am

straffing while standing and scoped was aloud for a long time on SoC and we all agreed that it should'nt be a problem here so for now anyway it will be aloud, also looking down the sites and walking forward is pretty touchy as its hard for mods to detect if its run n gun or scoped so i would say anything but forward , hope this helps Rad and great shootin with you on the server yesterday its always a pleasure bud
Treason
Treason

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Dread Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 am

I like to watch how badly someone with an auto can get powned by someone running with a rifle.
hahahah

Master Dread

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegis Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Not gonna lie I've never played no run and gun. I understand that it's tactical but someone might have to give me the jist of it when I get on.
Aegis
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Smash Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm

I might have to give it a try. Will be hard habit to break, so please give me plenty of warnings if I do something stupid. So you can run all you want, but just can't shoot while doing it. Have to stop and either stand still, crouch or prone when shooting auto, correct? Question
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post by Treason Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:40 pm

with autos or semi autos (pistols,garand etc.) thats correct , Ive found the easiest thing to do is use a rifle as your primary when your new to it and keep an auto as your secondary and pull it out when things get hairy. All {MsM} moderators and admin understand this is a completely new gametype to us and we are learning it also so as long as you are trying to play by the rules we are happy to have you there. I'm on quite often and am always happy to help anyone out and answer any questions you may have as any {MsM} member will try to do. P.S. I editted my original post to add the answer to Rads question hope it helps Smile
Treason
Treason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks for the helpful and positive attitude in helping us clearing some questions we have had...

I was confused about the consistency of running or not running with a machine gun. Can we run at all with a machine gun in our hands? I have heard that we can as long as we dont shoot and when we do shoot that we go into the crouch mode, but this may not be the case and so I asked..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Corn, you can run with an auto just not shoot while running. Which means go prone or crouch with the auto when you want to shoot. Of course, I think we cleared up standing and shooting and I think we are going to try that. So, if you are running and stop before you begin shooting it shouldn't be a problem. It does take time to learn this so I agree with Treason use your rifle as your primary weapon and then if need be switch to the auto. Plus one's mobility with the rifle is much better than with some of the autos.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 pm

can nueville be added to the rotation
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:56 am

I think it is.