Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:46 am by Howell

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

A question about Trips.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A question about Trips.

Post by [WoF]OldMan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 am

I know MSM has a rule about stealing trips and I respect that and the other rules that make this clan and the server you provide, my favorite one around.

But I have a question.

How does one know if the player picking up a trip is not picking one up that has been placed by an opposing team member?

Case scenario: A German team member sees a British player run through an obvious Kraut grenade trip. He realizes the trip has been picked up and re placed by a British player. So he goes to pick it up and re place it as a German trip or just add the grenades to his arsenal. It looks like he is picking up a teammates trip right? It appears he is stealing a trip.

As an MSM member with rcon, do you have a way of knowing somehow that he is in fact not stealing it? I'm just curious? I know the obvious ones do happen where you see someone place a trip and a teammate right behind him, picks it up.

I am in no way trying to have any of the rules changed. It was just something that I was wondering about. I think most of you know my preferred method of land mine sweeping.....no bifocals, run through it.....kaboooooom! LOL

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Re: A question about Trips.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 am

This is very true, and I hope an Admin can provide the appropriate answers. I've in fact been through his scenerio..So I would want to know the answer to this response rather quickly.

Please & Thank You

~DragonWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 am

We only have a few rules that result in an automatic ban. I usually ask. If they respond with the explanation you just gave I would accept that. But, I would keep my eye on them especially if it is someone I don't know. If it were you I would accept your excuse without question. I know you don't cheat. Queb on the other hand would be spectated for an hour to make sure that he is not cheating. Twisted Evil
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:26 am

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

I knew I could count on a humorous response from you Kenni.

As far as Queb....you are correct. I tried specing him and he apparently has an anti-specing software loaded so you can't track him. He is shady like that.
ahahahahhahaahahaha

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 am

Very Happy. Hahaha, too funny Kennison. I will keep my eye on Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

I understand where you are coming from Old man.I tell the guy's not to steal them when I see them doing it.If they respond that it was reset by the enemy,I can take that.But if I see them doing it a lot.well then,you know the story.Most of the time,i just have a smite party with them and make their score look bad.Because it is kill stealing.So they earn those few,when i catch them doing it more than once.some even say, how can we tell them apart?I know then that they are messing with me.Not to many people just now getting around to buying a 16 year old game.LOl there are some noobs, I do understand.Plus it is scrolling on the forums,that if I catch them stealing teammates trips there gone.But any way I try to give people several chances.we don't take pride in kicking or banning anyone.Smiting is another STORY as Frank would say.LOl!! Hey old man,don't you think your name would look better with MsM in front of it??? It just seems to do something to people's names.LOL We'll even let ya sing on Team speak.LOl God bless ya Bud

MsM
Marn

oldman wrote:I know MSM has a rule about stealing trips and I respect that and the other rules that make this clan and the server you provide, my favorite one around.

But I have a question.

How does one know if the player picking up a trip is not picking one up that has been placed by an opposing team member?

Case scenario: A German team member sees a British player run through an obvious Kraut grenade trip. He realizes the trip has been picked up and re placed by a British player. So he goes to pick it up and re place it as a German trip or just add the grenades to his arsenal. It looks like he is picking up a teammates trip right? It appears he is stealing a trip.

As an MSM member with rcon, do you have a way of knowing somehow that he is in fact not stealing it? I'm just curious? I know the obvious ones do happen where you see someone place a trip and a teammate right behind him, picks it up.

I am in no way trying to have any of the rules changed. It was just something that I was wondering about. I think most of you know my preferred method of land mine sweeping.....no bifocals, run through it.....kaboooooom! LOL

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh yeah, MsM Oldman. cheers
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Treason on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

I've heard him sing Marn .... LoL Oldy would look great with {MsM} in front of it as I've been telling him or the fact that my visit MSMCOD.forumotion bind tends to pop up alot when hes on Smile As far as trips I only really say anything about ppl taking them when they sit waiting for someone to plant it then when the person who plants walks away in turn they dufuse it, also as a moderator sometimes spectating ppl I see that they are taking all the trips they see , the trick here is to let them pick it half way up because you know the smite makes them jump outta there seat lol. Mainly if I think someone is defusing trips reguardless of whos they are I warn them and watch to get a feel for there intention
Treason

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah stealing is stealing whether it be on a server on from someones house as far as I am concerned and we should ban everyone that steals their teammates trips after we smite and/or warned them about it once. The other thing that we have to be careful of and I have watched it happen and that is....when we see someone diffusing a trip that belongs to that players team, that it was not theirs to begin with and they set the trip and decided to come back and move it. And the situation that OldMan is talking about where the guy actually saw an opponent reset one of his teammates trips. He cant just leave it reset by the enemy and let one of his teammates get blasted by it so we do need to watch very carefully about that. That can cause some false accusations if we are in spectate and see only the last part of that happen. Anyway, I have ban several for stealing when I KNEW it was a steal and of course Gen.Marn knows what to look for concerning this issue.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm

This is exactly why I love this clan.

Marn, I absolutely know you or any of the other admins in MSM take no pleasure in banning players. I know that you handle their complaints with the utmost respect and honesty.

And your unbanning DOG is just another example of that. I hope my question here and my putting a good word in for DOG is understandable. I just was really curious if there was a way to distinguish between the stealing of trips and just replacing an altered one. Yours, Kenni's, Treason's and Punishment's explanations were greatly appreciated. (and also kenni divulging Q's penchant for cheating, hahahhahah)

As far as MSM tags in front of this oldmans name..... I do appreciate all the invitations from the various MSM members. I hope you all don't think I am not gratefull and humbled by your asking. MSM is a great clan. One that I would be happy to be a part of. I always feel welcome and have a lot of fun playing this version of COD on your server.

Now comes the but. Honestly, I still feel a part of the old C2A clan. I know we have no server and not a whole lot of active members around, but for the ones that still remain I feel a loyalty. Not that this is a big priority in my life but I think the ones that are part of a clan can relate to what I'm saying.

I know Kenni, Q and Treason campaigned for me when I was looking to join SOC a while back and I do appreciate that too. Mack had different thoughts and never did get back to me. hehehehehehe. I know applying here would have a different outcome.

I will say, when the day comes I am looking to join another clan, I will put in my application. And I do hope that the offer will still stand. Thank you all for your confidence in me. You all make me feel a part of this clan without being a member. Oh, and when I do become a member I promise no singing in TS.

Last edited by oldman on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Pun)

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Well I feel special....OldMan added me lol hehehehehe. Its ok OldMan, I only get credit when I get paid lol. J/k

I have known you for awhile and we go back to when I was in C2A. You are a good guy and always made me laugh. If you ever want a Clan to call yours just let us know man. God bless you bud.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:20 pm

OK OK OK!!!! 1 BASH FOR KENNISON, 1 BASH FOR OLDMAN AND ONE FOR CORN!!!! Twisted Evil
Also about oldie, if he doesn't sing that would be fine to have another MsM member to BAR!!! Twisted Evil
Also too: you are really a funny gang for me, THAT'S A REAL PLEASURE TO BE HERE!!!
P.S. ........... Queb on the other hand would be spectated for an hour to make sure that he is not cheating. Twisted Evil
Kennie doesn't cheat, she cheap Razz Razz Razz lol!
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 pm

lol queb
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:39 am

hehehe, very glad to have u Queb, oh! and i wont forget u bashed me tonight, revenge will be sweet n quick affraid
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 pm

uh oh, Frank has his new target. Run to the Hills!

Back to top Go down

Post by Orcauren on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 pm

♫Don't ever get caught in Frank's line of vicious sight.
Or your life will end that very night.♫
Orcauren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:12 am

Poor poor Queb..Only one advice left my friend.....................................................................RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:42 pm

If Queb runs on the no run and gun server he will be smote until there is nothing left but cinders. Twisted Evil
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegis on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 pm

lolz watch out for Frank and his smite.
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Ok OK Ok WO! WO! WO!
Is there a medic here, it seems that some needs tylenol for their bash headache Laughing

... run to hills WHY? I prefer to run after the enemy! Twisted Evil

--- smitting me? is it the only way to answer to your Crying or Very sad Sad Oh I'am very sorry Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, next time would it be better to take out your helmet before? Wink

Thanks to all for your advise Smile

But Queb the quebbie fight with the truth in him, the truth is my BARRRRRRRRRRRR GRRRRRRRRR! Twisted Evil

Queb is loving you guys same I bash some of you like Treason, Kenni, and................................................................................................................... a good guy named euhhhh I think Frank affraid
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by Radish* on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 pm

This is so much funnier when you read it with a french accent Laughing
Good one Queb, I have too on occasion gotten the butt end of my rifle on ol' Franks noggin.
I've received more than my share of whoopin's for this offense Razz
Radish*

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt. Obvious on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:52 am

Queb's BAR vs Frank's Thompson....interesting... Of course, Frank has his smites affraid
Cpt. Obvious

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 pm

my my my! oh my my my! The search is on for Quebo! To see quebo camping in a hidden corner trembling from fear waiting for uncle frank to come by so he can bar him down like a sneaky snake only to realize his body just exploded by the smitiest of all smites and there is a distant smell coming from his shorts! affraid

I'm watching u Quebo Suspect

Laughing
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:25 pm

HA
HA
HA

HA

I'm thinking we should take the BAR out of the choice of weapons. hehehehe

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:54 pm

So, some have some fun on me Rolling Eyes
So, some would have need the big power to beat me? Rolling Eyes
So, some would not see all love that I give making you dying fast? Rolling Eyes
So, some, maybe, would like to learn french to know how to say: pitié Queb, pitié Queb Embarassed
So, Quebar will have to watch its enemies and.... the sky Sleep
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top