Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:46 am by Howell

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

The Noob's giude to In-Game strategy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Noob''s giude to In-Game strategy.

Post by Master Dread on Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm

For the assistance of newer players or those who just cant seem to get the kills.

All-Weapons combat strategy (Rifles Included),
Find a weapon combination that works for you on every map, for Russian maps if you like to noob-gun people then get the mp44-ppsh combo or if you are decent with rifles get the
Mosin Nagant-mp44 or mp40 for the automatic side of your weapon combo. These are only suggested strategies to get you started down the track to ownage.

On American maps a good combination is the Thompson-Kar98k because then you have good firepower in the Thompson and good damage in the Kar98k. The American weapon selection happens to be my favorite but always the difference is skill with your weapon and practice.

For English maps, it depends on how long shots you will be making, but either the Bren-Kar98k sniper or Bren-mp40, the Bren is a wonderful weapon and one of my favorites,it's good short range, it's good mid-long range as well, just learn how to snipe with it.

One of the most important things is to relay on the weapon you are holding in your hands,
it is your life. you won't have time switch weapons, if you do then the guy is a noob and then you just got owned by a noob....therein lies the problem. Trust your weapon and it won't let you down.

Everyone is in a different place on that track and Everybody is better at different things, find what works for you and use it.

I recommend learning to use a rifle as a basic skill, you may learn you like it and start owning. But you will never own if you don't play against the people that own you, it's the only way to get better.

Using rifles is probably the fastest way to get better. The reason for that is you will have a different attitude and playing style in All-Weapons. You will be ably to maintain control of yourself in panicking situations, you will gain the upper hand by simply using the weapon you have.

But, if you hate rifles with a passion then perhaps go to a server that does not allow running and gunning, this will allow you to learn the game better.

Senselessly throwing nades and just shooting for the fun of it will not allow you to get better.

But the weapon itself is not nearly as important as how well you know your weapon. Learn your weapon's capabilities, stay away from it's disabilities and always be using it's advantages.

For Rifles this might pose a problem for you and did for me for a long time until I finally understood how those insanely good people always got no-scope headshots on me all the time. They simply learn the weapons capabilities, and they learn to be instinctive about when to fire and what to do and when to do it.

A good tip for starters is to hold your rifle at enemy head level and keep it there, if you happen to go around the corner and bump into an enemy simply shoot at his head as many times as you can at head level,and maybe, just maybe you'll get your first no scope headshot pirat ,

once this happens for the first time you'll be hooked for a long time.
Just to get another head shot. Another thing about CoD that applies in rifles is , you are more accurate while standing still, this is a potentially key aspect of how well you play.

But by no means ever stop moving because an experienced player that will be the moment you die. For rifle matches with few people another good tip is walk around crouched, this will allow you to move without making your feet sound like a herd of elephants.

Stealth is important in most cases, but not vital to your survival.

Survival has been defined as "Living one second longer by any improvised means."
In such a spirit, run for your life if necessary, just stay alive.

This may take some time, therefore in the meantime just concentrate on improving your playing style, and most importantly, have fun Very Happy !

"Strength Through Honor, Honor Through Faith"
"MsM Rules the Battle Field, To Honor and Victory my Brothers"
"Semper Fidelis"

Master Dread

Back to top Go down

Re: The Noob's giude to In-Game strategy.

Post by Azimbowler on Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Nice job there Dread,

Azimbowler

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun on Fri May 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Sweet sweet. Nice one Dread. All new players listen to Dread because he is right on the money here.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 pm

For no scope shots simply use those xhairs they are there for a reason use them, they are more acurate when they are small and also crouching before you shoot sometimes helps. And for all weps try to let the ppl come to you so u can tag with your rifle then finish them off with your auto cuz If u rush you will most likely get naded or teamed..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Oh and sorry for bringing up an old topic didn't realize it was this old til I posted since I'm new to these forums... Tehehee Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegis on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice Work Dread. Definately some key things in here that some people may not know about.
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Odin is a noob and will use the tips. Its fun to try rifles with not crosshairs its a bit of a challange you get better though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 pm

I always use the Kar and Thomson or the Kar and PPSH.It works for this NOOB.Oh Did I say,Us Ole fellas own Da Battle field.Frank,Pun.Mojo and Marn.And remember respect ur elders.when you see us coming,dont run.That just prolongs the agony. if you want to die with dignity Shoot ur self before our bullet reaches ya.Because Your going to Die.LOL MsM Owning da Battle field.

If Christ Comes tomorrow.Are you Ready???Life is eternal,where will you spend eternity. Your Choice.If your not sure!Pm Pun,Frank or Marn and we will tell you How God says you can be sure where you'll spend it.
God Loves ya Guy's and so do I. God Bless you all

MsM
Marn

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Radish* on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I tend to favor Bar and Kar myself for American. Brittish would be Springfield and MP44. Russian would be Mossin and MP44 (I refuse to pick up a spray cannon). Those of you who actually have the skill, shame on you for choosing the PPSH Razz
Radish*

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegis on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Marn you can count on me, to sit there and wait for you to turn that corner and Boom, your heads gone. The young guys will own with the rifles :]
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Dread on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

radish, that's just because you're radish.

Master Dread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top