[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
HB. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
HB. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
HB. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
HB. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
HB. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
HB. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
HB. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
HB. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
HB. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
HB. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
HB. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
HB. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
HB. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
HB. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
HB. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
HB. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
HB. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
HB. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
HB. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
HB. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

HB.

+3
Pun
UncleFrank
[WoF]GoA.Pun
7 posters

Go down

HB. Empty HB.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 pm

his parents banned him from cod so he cant play anymore :/

Back to top Go down

HB. Empty Re: HB.

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 pm

We will keep him in the Clan and in the members group on the forum until he reaches his 90 days without posting, then we will take due action with his Clan status and forum account. Maybe in the mean time, his parents may have a change of heart. Thanks AK
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 am

poor lil feller
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Shame on them,tell them we want to speak with them on the matter of banning him from cod.tell them thats it.They are banned from wall mart until he is able to return to COD.Is his parents kin to wahoo TDI.LOL banning forever,what is that? LOL we will be a good influence on him if they let him return. We will ban him from all of cod for them if he gets out of line.Oh well,we fail,I guess.LOL

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 am

Lol Marn lol No No No
Queb
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 am

him must have done sumpin really bad Crying or Very sad

AMEN to the parents disciplining their children!
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 pm

the reason he was banned is they say its "too violent"

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Well its pretty much a dead issue at this point for us so there is really no point in it becoming more of a topic than it already has. Some people feel that way about certain games and some people dont. I think it was pretty strange that HB's apparent reason for leaving is because his parents thinks its too violent and Fid left because he had a huge change of heart and now believes that playing video games is a complete waste of time. So now I am interested to see what the next one who drops out is gonna come up with as a reason. Maybe they were part of that secret campaign that one of our members was talking about a while back that is supposed to try to smear CoD 1.3 in a different way. Lol you know who you are, get real folks, save the drama for moma and trade the lying for trying.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm

yea 1.3 aint dead if you have to try to kill it

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 pm

No.. I did not mean that 1.3 is a dead issue.

What I meant was.....

Its a dead issue and we don't want to discuss it any further because we (those who enjoy playing CoD and vid games) do not feel as if we are wasting our time by playing CoD and we know that we are not being made violent because we play CoD and other vid games.

Do you see what I mean now?

Sorry about that Ak and everyone, my wording was a little confusing I suppose. God bless you folks.

Last edited by {MsM}GOA.Pun on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:26 pm

i know what you meant i was just adding that in, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:40 am

ok let's play for now when we can, GO! Basketball Basketball Basketball
Smile
Queb
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 pm

You dont have to say "sorry" Ak. I had to add the 'that' to my last post lol. Ok well we go with Quebbie.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 am

It's only a waste of time if you are not able to manage your time well. You have to make time for the fun things in life.
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm

{MsM}GOA.Pun wrote:and Fid left because he had a huge change of heart and now believes that playing video games is a complete waste of time.

Not quite, I was just saying that for me its something that I spend too much time on when there are more important things I could be doing. Its not a waste of time, and I should be back, just unsure when.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 pm

{MsM}Trooper wrote:It's only a waste of time if you are not able to manage your time well. You have to make time for the fun things in life.

John 12:24-26
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25 He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

What I've been learning is that life is not about us and if we really want whats best for us and want to have as much joy as possible, we need to lose our life for Jesus. This doesn't mean that playing video games is sin, but it does mean that if we find our joy in the game itself, then we are settling for a joy much less than the joy of Christ. For me, its hard to play a game without getting caught up in it and replacing the joy I find in Jesus with the joy of the game. When we put our complete hope and joy in Christ, then we find that our heart and desires have changed and instead of being a slave to sinful desires we desire Christ. Of course being in this world we will never be perfect and we make the wrong choices, but as C.S. Lewis said, why would we choose to live in the mud (joy in the world) when we can be on a beach vacation (joy in Christ)?
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 am

Again I say you have to make time for the fun things in life. If you don't think CoD is fun then don't make time for it.

I pray everyday go to church nearly everytime the door is open (unless working or on vacation) I go to revivals when our preacher is at another church. I am a daily bible reader and read at least 14 chapters a week. And am assistant song director when my Grandfather is out. And I play Cod and work and spend time with my wife.

To be able to play video games is something extra. It is tru tho you can't have both (be of the world and of Christ) If it came down to one or the other I hope everyone would give up the game.
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Fid, I am so happy that you are growing closer to the Lord.

I gave my life to the Lord many years ago. I was shown by the Holy Spirit how Christ wanted to direct my life, I then repented and I accepted his plan for it. My life belongs to him and all that is in it. I am sure that I will be a better Christian tomorrow than I have been today because the Holy Spirit is constantly showing me weakness and evilness in my present life that I will turn from each day. That is what a growing Christian does and they do it with fear and trembling in awe of God, still I am human.

Loosing our lives to or dedicating our lives to Christ does not mean that we cannot have joy in doing other things though. If we did not enjoy or find some personal entertainment in things that interest us then we would lead a very boring, dull and probably a negative religious lifestyle that has derailed so many and Jesus knows that.

God gave us life and life more abundantly so that we could live life and to its fullest. He wants us to praise him and love him and he wants us to seek him daily but God nor the Son demands that we find no joy in other things that we might be interested in. Of course the most joyful thing we seek is a dedicated relationship with Christ.

I find joy in fishing, hunting, carpentry, woodcraft among other things and also in playing CoD sometimes, but I dont think I have sinned because of that or that I am cheating the Lord of my dedication to him.

I believe that it all comes down to the frame of mind that we have while doing these things and whats in our own spirit. If I shoot another player on CoD and I allow that to influence my mind into thinking that I want to murder my brother, then I have certainly sinned. But for me to play a video game and find some entertainment in it and enjoy it with my friends or by myself, well, I dont believe its a sinful thing I have done, as long as my mind set is not vile.

Some say that CoD or other games similar to CoD are very sinful but they are not sinful for me because I am not influenced by them nor am I offended by them. However, if the Holy Spirit convicted me and showed me that it is wrong for me to do and I continued to do it then I would be sinning against myself and against God.

I think if you feel this way about video games or CoD that possibly it is the Holy Spirit convicting you and you certainly should heed what the Spirit is communicating to you Fid.

If it offends your brother for you to eat meat in front of him and you know that it offends him but you eat the meat in front of him anyway, then you have sinned against your brother. Likewise if the Holy Spirit has convicted you and shown YOU that playing CoD is wrong for YOU, then you need to stop doing it or you will offend God and hamper or harm the Holy Spirit that wants to reside in you.

Remember this, all of God's children are guided by the Holy Spirit and we all have a purpose that God wants us to accomplish for his glory and kingdom, but not all of God's children have the same purpose as other children of God and then some of us have the very same purpose as the other, so what the Holy Spirit convicts me of, you may not be convicted of and vica versa.

We are all the body of Christ. Some may be the arm while others are the hand and yet others are a different part of the body but we all make up the body of Christ and still, we are different.

I feel that my life is not in the "mud" when I choose to play CoD and enjoy playing. It does not hinder the direction the Holy Spirit is leading me in nor do I feel that I am not in accord with God when I enjoy playing CoD. I give God all the glory for everything good in my life and I thank him for everything in the name of Jesus Christ. I am a sinful man and what good that there is in my life is because God made it to be that way, not me.

Serving the Lord and and accepting his will for our lives is done through a
very personally tailored relationship with him. Our directions may be totally different but we will arrive with the same Savior.

Please, if you feel you are being sinful by enjoying playing video games, then dont play them brother. And if you really believe that its sinful for people to play video games then dont go around where you will encounter people who are playing them.

Your relationship with the Lord is the most important thing that you will ever be involved with Fid. Listen intently to the Holy Spirit and follow the Holy Spirit daily with repentance and correction brother.

We probably will not be able to change the world Fid but if we allow Christ to change us in order that we will conform to God's will for us, then we are certainly on the right track and going in the right direction I believe .

I wish you the very best Fid and hope that you will continue to seek out the direction in which God is prompting you to go, even if it means going.

God bless you man.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Agreed.

I believe Fid is saying God has led him in another direction. (If I'm wrong sorry Fid) He should be obedient to that. As mentioned video games are not a sin- but they could be. It depends on what you are doing with the game and possibly (and i think this is what Fid is saying) what God might have you doing instead of the game.

We all should be obedient to what God has called us to do. Whether we eat drink or whatsoever we do do all to the glory of God. That means we can play video games and glorify God. That means we can not play video games and glorify God. And we know people who are not glorifying God by playing, eg. they cuss, cause strife, cheat. Sadly they think they are getting away with it because they are on a computer and no one knows who they are. Well they're not getting away with anything because God knows. God is the Judge and we should be sensitive to how God is leading us.

I was in a church once and some people in the church were getting up tight over some of the young men having long hair. When I say long I mean they didn't have white walls. Their hair was covering their ears and on their collar. Well some thought this was sinful. A very godly man in the church addressed the body and pointed out that the length of ones hair was not sinful. That how one wore their hair was a preference and that we needed to be careful imposing our preferences on others. Just because one thinks hair on the collar is sinful does not mean an other does. He warned about legalism.

I have never forgotten that lesson because I tend to be legalistic and I need to remember to let the Bible direct. I can't judge someones motives. My friends could have been wearing long hair to be rebellious. Which in my opinion would be wrong. Or they could just be trying to look a way that was more modern.

"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God." 1 peter 2:16

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." Gal. 5:13

Love for others should be what compels us. As Pun pointed out, even to the extreme of not eating meat if it offends or causes a weaker brother to stumble. If this is what is motivating Fid - God bless you brother.

Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Wise words Pun. Sums up (expands, really Smile ) what I've been thinking about. Like I've said before, I don't think its wrong or evil to play video games and like you said you find joy in fishing, carpentry, and CoD and thats good. God has given us in this age a lot of entertainment and we can use that for good and bad ways. But for me personally at this point in my life I feel like I need an indefinite break from video games, they just have a tendency to take over my life, not that I have to give up grades or anything like that but I find that I either spend most of my free time playing them or I just get too caught up in them. Hopefully I'll be back, but its not worth it if its a risk.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Queb Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok my word in my words:
You know I find this discussion so human, full of good thoughts meaning that we feel our hearth wanting to know wanting to feel and this happen here with poeples doing different things in their life, day by day, trying to see what's the best for us each one. The discussion is very cool friends. Thanks!
Queb
Queb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum