[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
Sorry guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

Sorry guys

+10
Badger
Flipace
Trooper
Raging Raven
Kennison
VIA
Phoenix
Radish*
UncleFrank
Pun
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sorry guys - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorry guys

Post by UncleFrank Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 am

UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 am

Heated seats and grips on this bad boy. I have been thinking about one of these for long rides.
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-BMW-K1200GT-102927804
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:48 am

Those are pretty sweet and here is the one that I am more close to looking at pretty serously. My wife likes it but I may have to replace the seat for a better rider seat. I had to do my last venture that way and it made a world of difference on those long road tours. I have 2 things coming soon, a new acer computer and hopefully a new or close to new yama venture. Not patty myself on the back but I have worked very hard and I deserve them both. And guess what,,,, I got the check book lol

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/Yamaha-ROYAL%20STAR%20VENTURE%20S-102971456/2011-Yamaha-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-S-102971456?ZMC=Oodle&BAC-Oodle=&
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am

Sweet looking bikes. Puts my old honda bobber to shame.

Awesome for you Pun. A guys works hard and there should be some enjoyable reward for it. Have ya got a name picked out for her yet? Seeings how Sally is taken. Very Happy

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peasoup Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am

How about this one? You could find eachother in no time! I'm sure even Troop would have a hard time catching you! Very Happy
http://newsmotorcycle.com/motor-new-design/kawasaki-ninja-zx-6r-for-motor-sport-lovers/

Oldman, is that your bike???

Sorry guys - Page 2 02163511
Peasoup
Peasoup

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:47 am

Thats funny Pea, that one is probably worth more than the venture I am looking at.

OldMan I do not have a name yet, I have not been sleeping well lately and did not want to start thinking about names for her before I actually buy her. With all thats going on lately in my life right now and when I do get some rest, I certainly dont need my wife hearing me sleep talking about some other woman's name lol. That would not be good at all lol .... j/k, wife knows I am a good boy.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 pm

yep thats old mans bike alright. u named her betsy lou didn't u?
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 pm

pun i wldnt go out and spend a lot on a new one. theres so many people out there that buy a new one and figure out its not for them. i got sally for $7 grand less than retail with only 740 miles on her. was a sweet deal. take ur time and i bet u can find a deal of a life time. sally lowers my blood pressure and relieves stress. she also brings the fam together cuz my daughter loves to ride with dad. those days when uve dealt with crazies all day and nothing seems to go right all get better when i hear ole sally crank and she starts to pur then we head off down the hwy....no phn, just free as a bird. when i get home from work and mommabear sees the stress in my eyes, she says, y dont u go take sally for a ride and ill have supper waitin on u when u get back....i always come back with a smile.
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

hahahhahaha Peasoup. Yes it is and if your nice i will give you a ride.

And Pun you're right, it probably is safer to give the ole bike a generic name to avoid confusion with Mrs Pun thinking somethings up. Very Happy

Oh and Franky, with ole sally lowering your blood pressure and stress, you think it would work if I told my wife I need a new ride to lower my cholesterol? Course, I would have to get rid of my sweet ride that Pea just happened to have a photo of. Crying or Very sad

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:59 pm

I hear you Frank, I used to have a Yamaha 1200 Venture Royal and we really enjoyed it very much. It had bot side luggage compartments, a huge trunk, cruise control, radio and PA system, all the little bells and whistles and it was sweet. It was a 1200 so it had plenty of power for me. I love riding and getting out there on the interstate and stretching out and just going where ever you feel like going. Big sense of freedom for sure. I should have never sold it but I wanted to invest in RV at the time so I did. I will get another, Lord willing.....
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleFrank Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm

I cld put in a word to The Big Feller for ya brother. I only asked him for one thing today and He fixed me up. He hasn't let me down yet. I think He likes the smile on my face when He answers my request. Very Happy

Old Man, if the doctor prescribes something u get it right? If the doctor says, u need to go in the hospital and spend thousands of dollars, we do it. So go spend that mighty dolla and get that road king u been lookin at. Insurance is only bout 35 dollas a month for full coverage and u get about 50 mpg....makes sense to me.....save money, releave stress, lower the ole blood pressure and have fun doing it ... cheers
UncleFrank
UncleFrank
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VIA Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 am

well i liked my honda 1966 Honda Dream 305 CA77 loved every minute of the ride check out on youtube Very Happy
VIA
VIA

http://kiltskilts@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am

I'd just like to chip in here - to all you married guys. I know I'm young still but I admire your relationships with your wives. I hope you tell them and show them everyday how much you love them, because it truly is an incredible miracle to be living in a that state of amazing love.

I don't know what God's plan is for me yet, but I've always yearned for such a relationship as you guys have with your wives. I hope I will be so blessed one day to experience that.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 am

Badger, being that you have the mindset that you have to have said what you did in your above post, I am certain that one day sir you will have a wonderful wife. Keep that outlook that you now have and when you do finally find that lady that you want to spend the rest of your life with, nurture that attitude and show her exactly how much she means to you. Love her and sacrifice for her and I assure you, she will be your very best friend until the day they lay you in the ground partner.

And always REMEMBER THIS: There is nothing in this world any better than a good marriage but...... there is nothing in this world any worst than a bad one!...... Good luck to you and take your time and make sure you find the right fit. God bless you partner.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 am

Oh and Badger, Mrs. Kennedy (Mrs. Pun) just told me to tell you that your exactly the kind of man every good woman is looking for...... I say, sorry Badger, my wife is taken ...................... lol
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

heheheh Pun.

Badger, Pun is right on. Marriage is a lot of work sometimes but the rewards far outweigh those times. And like Pun said, you will find that special person one day. It will happen when you least expect it.

And Badger when you mention your admiration for those with long term relationships, I totally understand what you are saying. When I think about my Grandpa and Grandmother, I am reminded how they remained married for over 60 years. They raised children during the depression while scratching out a living farming in North Dakota. I think their worries and concerns were much heavier than what my wife and I have ever faced. Losing most of your savings, drought years, trying to feed your children in depressed times and then in the 40's watching your son go off to WWII. I am not trying to diminish problems that couples face today, but when I compare them, it seems like we have it pretty nice nowadays. The love and dedication they had for each other was inspiring. I am sure each of you has a similar example from your families.

I work with a young man at my office. i went to his wedding just over a year ago. He is now divorced. It is so sad. When he was going through the rough period we talked alot. I was amazed at the feeling of entitlement that his wife/now ex, had. Her priorities were very messed up. They were in their mid twenties, both had decent paying jobs, brand new cars for both and had bought a new house shortly after getting married. They were living the high life. Not that it concerned me, but when I thought about what my wife and I were experiencing at that early stage of our marriage....me working 2 jobs, she putting in extra shifts, living in an old apartment, no new cars, etc., I wondered how they had achieved so much is so short of time. Apparently, it wasn't enough for his wife. She found comfort with another guy she was working with. The instant gratification that she is seeking will disappoint her later in life, I fear.

He went through a difficult divorce and we shared a lot of discussions together. He visited with a counselor and turned to the pastor of his church. He is turning his life around and he will be much better for his trials. It is exactly what Pun said about finding the "BAD" one. It is too bad and divorce is not to be taken lightly, but he will have a much more enjoyable life without her.

So give yourself some time Badger. You will find someone with the same dreams and desires. And someone willing to experience the good and bad times that will occur during years together. I believe it is those trying times that can bring you closer together. It is also those times that will bring out the level of commitment your partner has. And in my co-worker/friend's case, his partner had a very low level of commitment.

I think anyone of the married fellas here would agree that along with the rosey days there have been some filled with dark clouds. It is those days when the "work" portion of your marriage kicks in.

And you are right Badger, it is a miracle and as far as letting my wife know the appreciation I have for her, well, I need to remind myself to be better at that. So thank you for the knock upside the head. Be patient, Grasshopper (i stole that from the ole Kung Fu tv show) you have a lot of time to join the married ranks, we would sure like to have ya. Very Happy Take care Badger.

I am repeating myself, but this is why I love the discussions that go on amongst this clan and its members. Where else can ya go from the start of this thread talking about being grounded, to geritol, to ole Sally and new Yamahas to finding that special person in life....Man i love it. It fits right in with my adult ADD. hahhahahahaha. Good luck to ya Badger on finding the right one and to you too Pun, on finding that special 1300 cc one. LOL

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:31 am

First of all this is a very diverse thread.lol Going from Someone being grounded to Motorcycles and computers to marriage.

I agree with everything said above. I feel that Religion is the number one thing that will hold a relationship together. Meaning having the same or similar beliefs. My wife and I are both Baptist. we use the 1611 KJV. not saying other religions are better or worse just they are different.

We even have gone to the same church since birth. We played T-Ball together had the same teacher in Preschool and Kindergarten. She is my best friend

Number 2 probably be a good idea to have the same political beliefs... lol Kinda like being an Alabama fan married to an Auburn Fan. aka house divided. For you this would be like you, a Redwings fan having a Blackhawks fan for a wife. It's not gonna be easy. lol Or a Yankee fan married to a Sox fan

We even have gone to the same church since birth. We played T-Ball together had the same teacher in Preschool and Kindergarten. She is my best friend.

Counting dating we have been together for 14 years maried for 7 going on 8 (in december.)

She is my best friend and all during school and growing up I always went out with her friends and I guess you could say I couldn't see the forrest for the trees.

You will find yours one day. And when you do you will feel it in your deepest that she is the one. Just keep your eyes to the Lord and everything will fall into place.

Good Luck

Last edited by {MsM}Trooper on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by VIA Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 am

ge and here i though we were talking about motorbikes my wive and i been together for 30 + years and she a gem to me more precious than gold we say we love each other every day were just like peas and carrots .
VIA
VIA

http://kiltskilts@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 am

Her name isn't jenny is it via lol

They go together like peas and carrots.
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down