[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
Concering gasoline Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

Concering gasoline

5 posters

Go down

Concering gasoline Empty Concering gasoline

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Fri May 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Maybe this article from Yahoo will help some of us beat the stab at the pumps. I am going to give some of them a try myself for sure. I found this on Yahoo website somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are ways to make fewer visits to the pump — and pay less when you do go.

With gasoline prices at $3.84 per gallon, on average, and likely to hit $4 by summer, you're probably feeling the pain at the pump. However, there are ways to keep gas costs under control. Chris Faulkner, CEO of Texas-based Breitling Oil and Gas Co., offers these ten tips:

1. Download a gas app to find cheaper prices. You can use your smart phone to comparison shop for the lowest gas prices in your zip code with a free app such as GasBuddy. If you don't have a smart phone, visit GasBuddy.com or gasprices.mapquest.com before you leave home or the office to check gas prices online.

2. Don't buy gas near the highway. People like convenience, but gas stations near the highway charge 10 cents to 15 cents a gallon more, Faulkner says. Drive a little farther from the interchange to find a better deal (this is where the GasBuddy app is handy). If you're traveling, gas up in a rural town rather than a large city because prices will be lower.

3. Use a discount gift card. Discount gift card sites, such as Plastic Jungle and Gift Card Granny, sell cards at less than face value for gas stations, such as BP and Shell. They go quickly, though, so sign up for e-mail alerts to be notified when they're in stock. Also look for discounted gift cards for Walmart or grocery stores that have gas stations.

4. Keep car windows closed on the highway. Open windows add drag and reduce your car's gas mileage by as much as 10%. In stop-and-go traffic, lower your windows to reduce air-conditioning use, which will drain your gas tank.

5. Develop good driving habits. You can improve a vehicle's gas mileage by up to 5% by avoiding quick starts and stops. Gas mileage also decreases as you accelerate beyond 55 mph.

6. Don't carry unnecessary items in your car. Every 200 pounds to 250 pounds lowers your car's fuel efficiency by 1 mile per gallon.

7. Keep your tires properly inflated. Faulkner says he tested this with his mother's car. She added 7% to her gas mileage by keeping her tires properly inflated.

8. Fill 'er up with regular. Most cars don't need the premium-grade gasoline, which cost 24 cents a gallon more, on average, than regular grade gas the week of April 18, according to the Energy Information Administration.

9. Combine errands with other driving you're going to do. Make sure you aren't making multiple trips and using more gas.

10. Don't overfill your tank. If you top off, you're just wasting money on the gas that inevitably sloshes out of the tank.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Concering gasoline Empty Re: Concering gasoline

Post by Trooper Sat May 07, 2011 5:48 am

Number 1 is good I have Gasbuddy on my phone so yall should to. That way if I am in your neck of the woods someone will have it updated. If you see a gas station yoiu just update it for others. Very Happy

Another tip that I have tested is Buy 100% gas. Don't buy gas with ethynol. Ethynol makes the gas go quicker because the ethynol burns faster. I have gotten 100% gas since my experiment. I filled up with regular 87 with ethynol one week drove til the next fillup. Then I got the 100% gas without ethynol drive for a week then compared.

I got an extra 3 miles to the gallon. I have a Ford Explorer and my mileage went up from 19 mpg to 22-23 (depending on how I drive) You will pay about $.10 more per gallon but in the long run I think it's worth it. Just a difference of $2per tank for me
Also a good app to see about is called Glass of Water (by toyota) It rates eratic driving like sudden stops and quick starts.

You turn on the app then just drive it rates your driving by how much water spills out of the glass.. its pretty neat.
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonslyer Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 am

i wish gas was $3.?? a gallon here. Where at 4.29 a gallon and once it hits 4.50 im riding a bike to work since im only 2 miles from it lol, just gotta buy one.

weirdly though, by me gas is cheaper by the freeway compared to the city =p

good advices to get better gas millage though.

Demonslyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat May 07, 2011 11:51 am

I also drive an explorer but i'm only getting 17 mpg. Its a 2000 explorer so maybe thats why. I dont even know where to get 100% gas around here, unleaded is so much cheaper than the other stuff too.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Sat May 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks for the info.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm

For personal use, I usually drive my 05 Dodge Dakota that has a V-8 engine and it gets only about 14 miles to the gallon while my wife drives her 06 Dodge Stratus that has the V-6 and she gets about 20 miles to the gallon. I just sold a 3rd car that we hardly ever drove, it is a Mazda 626 that gets about 38 miles to the gallon and now after re-thinking it, wished I would have kept the Mazda and sold the Stratus. I am going to start driving my 4 wheeler to make service calls if the gas prices continue to rise lol. I just have to figure out how to get to all those service calls by way of traveling through the woods hehehe. Unless maybe if Trooper is not around and then maybe a road trip lol. J/K
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum