[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
Oldmans whereabouts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

Oldmans whereabouts

+5
Kennison
Musik
Corn
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]OldMan
9 posters

Go down

Oldmans whereabouts Empty Oldmans whereabouts

Post by [WoF]OldMan Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Not that any one is worried but Hertzy had sent me a PM wondering when I will be playing again. It made me think that I should at least let the clan know about my absence and dereliction of duty. You can thank Hertzy for my long winded response.

I know everyone is busy with other life priorities so my situation is not unique in any way. But one thing that has kept me from gaming has been moving my Dad to the city where I live and into an assisted living facility. We moved to a small rural location in the northern part of ND back in the early 70's from Houston and my Dad has lived there ever since. It took some persuading to get him to make the move. He has lived alone for the last 20 years since my Mom died and it was just time for him to move to a place with less upkeep and close by medical care and assistance for day to day things. I know there are other clan members with elderly parents and I think they know the trials and tribulations in dealing with them. I told my older brother and sister he is now getting back at me for what I put him through when I was growing up. So the dealing with selling his house, finding him a place he liked and then moving his accumulation of possessions has been at the top of my list of things to get done. Again, I am not telling you all this to make me out as some saint because everyone here deals with similar things. I just wanted to let everyone know why they have not seen me around on the servers.

And now the last three weeks have been battling a flood that is threatening my fellow citizens. It is so sad what some people have to endure in life and I thank God every day for my dull and boring life and the things he has blessed me with.

I do hope things will soon slow down so I can get some much needed gaming in. It has been my stress reliever over the last few years to be able to get on TS and the server and share tall tales with fellow clan members.

The other thing I would like to add is, and this is mainly for Marn, Pun, Frank and Merc. It is probably something for a PM but I will add it here while I am thinking about it.

I sincerely thank you Marn, Pun, for trusting me enough to have included me as an Admin. I truly appreciate the confidence. But I do have to admit, I am not a very helpful one at that. And that is what I wanted to address. I feel there are others who would be a better, more productive and helpful admin. I love being a part of this clan and have no intentions of leaving. I have always said I will be the last one to leave and turn the lights out when 1.3 would ever end. I just feel that I am not doing what an admin should be doing and feel that by not, it leaves all the work to a few. My computer skills are limited when it comes to maintaining servers or even being able to change game types. And now with my limited gaming time of late, although I have been on a few times under aliases, I just think it isn't fair to the clan to have an admin who does nothing but have the title. I have often thought Marn just made me an admin cause he felt sorry for old people and thought by doing so it could ward off symptoms of dementia. I think it has worked actually, LOL.

Again, I sincerely thank Marn and Pun for the position, but I think at this time, I am going to have to step down as an admin. I want to say again, I have no intentions of leaving or going anywhere, so the ones who use me for target practice should not worry that I will not be there to accept their bullets. And Marn, Pun, if you feel comfortable with me having rcon, I will be happy to police the servers and enforce the rules when I am on.

I want to thank Hertz too, for checking up on me and making me let the rest of you know. You all take care and I hope to get into more of the action soon. Oh, and I just wanted to say too, (I am assuming my birthday present is still on the way?), that I have the perfect place for that pony I have always wanted and I thank you all for getting me one. Very Happy

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Oldmans whereabouts Empty Re: Oldmans whereabouts

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Hope things work out with your Dad OldMan and yes I can certainly identify with all of those things for sure. You have been a great member OldMan and I dont see any reason to change anything concerning your Server Admin status partner. Your doing fine. If its is just something that you feel so certain about and feel that you need to step down then we will go ahead with it but you are doing fine right where you are man. I know Marn appreciates you and he thinks an awful lot of you also and he is happy with you as well. I speak this for him simply because I dont know when he may be on the forum again or if he will even see this but I know Marn and Frank and Merceri are happy with you for sure. PM us and let us know the final and we will go from there ok. Good luck to you OldMan with all that is on your plate, sounds like you have your hands full right now man. God bless you big guy.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corn Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:37 am

oldmans so real and humble. so cool to see. hey MsM dudes.

Corn

Back to top Go down

Post by Musik Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:45 am

It is great to hear from you Oldman Very Happy I really hope that all this rain slows down and the flooding will stop. And yet as I type this it begins to rain ... pshh ... Anyway, Thanks for all you have done and taught me ! I can't wait to play with you again Very Happy
Musik
Musik

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:13 am

Experience is just as important as other skills. And you have experience Old. You are doing a fine job.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 am

No Oldman comment from me today. Just handle your family stuff and get back when you can. Hope you stick around as an Admin.
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:49 am

Hang tough Pops.

p.s. Hurry back so we can play again before I ship out!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by VIA Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 pm

hey oldman been there done that its hard thing to do but someone got to do it i have two other brother s and they stuck me with all the legal stuff got though it with his help you can doit to take oldman hope to see you soon
VIA
VIA

http://kiltskilts@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you all for the support.

Pun, once more, thanks for the trust and confidence. I have no problem remaining an admin with my limited skills for the position but if you need to put someone in my place (there are some very good members), I would have no problem with that either. Don't hesitate if the need arises. As far as a plate full, I think you and Marn have had your share of burdens to bear the last year or so. I admire you both for your strength in dealing with them.

Corn, come visit more often. Hope things are going well for you.

Musik, Whatever I taught you must have been a short class. hehehehe. You are talented enough without any assistance from me.

Kenni, Thanks for the props. As far as experience...well, I know I got the gray hair and lack of hair but I don't know if that qualifies as experience...just old age. LOL.

Trooper, I look forward to your comments. I have never had any problems with them, in fact, they keep me on my toes and keep my mind fresh trying to have a comeback for you. Thanks too, for the support.

Phoenix, I will try and get one more bash on ya before you head out for basic. Take care of yourself, I'm proud of ya...son.

Via, Yep it sounds similar. It just makes us stronger right? Something that comes with getting to our age.Very Happy

I do appreciate the kind words, but don't worry about me having too much on my plate. There are others who carry a larger burden. My not being able to play COD pales in comparison to what others throughout the country and even in this clan, have to face on a daily basis. They are the ones deserving the prayers. Take care and I will soon be in game... type chatting....oh, that's right, Kenni already figured out that strategy of mine.... Mad Very Happy

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Musik Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Oldman, your lessons have been given to me for about a year now ... that is no short class in my book Very Happy
Musik
Musik

Back to top Go down

Post by ES45 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Oldman........ i miss shooting you :'(.....................................
ES45
ES45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum