[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
Getting rid of Rifle Server Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

Getting rid of Rifle Server

+5
[WoF]OldMan
Howell
Trooper
Raging Raven
Pun
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting rid of Rifle Server Empty Getting rid of Rifle Server

Post by Pun Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Marn Yesterday at 17:14
Speaking of MOC.Listen uo fellers and felleretts.I go on Moc every now and then.always under an Alias.I am noticing our folks on there a lot.Listen,If you guy's keep going on their server,they have no need to come to yours.So Let me ask,should I just Shut the Rifles server down when PUN shuts the No Run and Gun down????Because if your not going to Play on it,No one else is either. If you go on your rifles and wait,they will come to you.Let me know.I hardly ever play that server. I pay for it, for you guys to have a place to play.I will be happy to spend that few dollars on Old man,he needs an extra computer at work so we can talk without him getting caught by Da Man.LOL

Marn

Pun

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of Rifle Server Empty Re: Getting rid of Rifle Server

Post by Raging Raven Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 am

I am sooo confused right now. I dont understand why there is any talk about closing any of the servers. I know that Treason, Agent K, and myself were just playing on MOC and the only reason why is because Treason has not gotten is ip address straightened out with VCOD. I was just informed that a lot of other players apparently are playing on that particular server but as far as me, this is the first time I have ever played that one. While we are on the subject of the rifles server I can tell you that a lot of us get upset playing our rifles for the fact that there is grenades and semi autos on it. When we try to ask ppl to play a rifles only match no one wants to listen and just starts nading ppl. That has been our members as well not following those requests. The No run and Gun a lot of us played that while we had the custom maps which we were told after they were takin off that we would alternate every couple weeks between the no run and gun and customs. I love playing on all the servers. I enjoyed it alot more when I didnt have all my lag issues but I would hope that we could have some time to discuss this as a clan and figure something out. None of us want to see MsM go or 1.3 and I fear if we lose servers we will lose 1.3. I am very sorry if my post seems a bit angry but I just really dont want to see anything happen. We need to figure out a positive solution. I understand you guys pay for the servers and it can be upsetting to see your members playing on others more than ours and I agree. Why be apart of MsM when you never play on the server. Maybe we can hold an all members meeting on ts one evening and discuss all of this. I have noticed a lot of tention and grief since my return this time and to be honest it really breaks my heart. I want to help in anyway I can to fix whatever problems we as a clan... as a family are having. when I came to MsM i was lost. Being here the last 2 years has been the only stable thing in my life. I made wonderful friends, learned a new game that turns out to be my favorite and about the only game I play other than the games i play on ps3 with my son. COD is my thing. I have Treason to thank for introducing it to me. I also have to say that since my last absence I feel less like a member of the clan. I feel that the admins are upset with me for some reason and that very well may not be the case but I need you all to know that MsM is my home. This clan is my family. I would never do anything to jepordize my place here. It really means a lot to me if you only knew. I never left MsM.While I was away MsM was in my heart. It pained me so much to not be here. I was soooo excited when my neighbor let me use her internet at my house because I was in such a rush to get back. And now I feel like its all falling apart. I am very upset about this post.
I dont want to see us fall apart. Heck i didnt know anything about COD until I joined MsM. And its because of MsM that I continue to play. I am sorry if anything I have said offends anyone Im truely not meaning to. I just feel very strongly about this clan and if there is no MsM then there is no more COD for me. If I have in anyway misunderstood this post then I truely apologize. I just really wanted to state my feelings and opinion here. I love you all. God bless everyone of you.
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

http:// myspace.com/persephone55

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 am

I'm just wondering, with the MoC server being populated could those people just be getting the 3 servers as well. They just don't know how to be unbanned by VCoD?
I would like to see more people on the rifle server and would probably play more there than the all weps, but I hate getting mowed down with the M1 on the American maps or running thru trips. The nades don't bother me just the trips. Also maybe a rotating game type maybe TDM, DM, S&D, and possibly a CTF with just the Kar and the Mossin that would be awesome?
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 am

I did not post this to upset anyone.It just does not make since to pay for something that isnt being used.Raven you are not whom I have seen on MOC.It's other members.Some being Mods that are not even getting on TS.In my opinion trying to stay under radar.MsM is not falling apart.No one is mad at you either raven.I told you the deal with the decision that the other admin and myself made.I havn't been able to play this game for about 8 months or so.If I were going to get rid of MsM,that would have been when I would have done it..MsM will most likely be around for some time.But Maybe not all the servers.I'm not going to continue to pay for servers that arnt being used.It's not that much money,but it's money.Nobody gives that stuff away these days.I will talk to Pun and see what we can do about getting rid of the auto's on rifles. I think we have problems getting some weapons on certain maps.we'll see what we can do.But,If folks continue to play on other servers it doesn't make since for me to continue paying for rifles. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.I'm not trying to be mean in any way. God bless you all

Marn

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Howell Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 am

I play on MoC because its a plain rifles server. the reason i dont play MsM rifle server much is because of the grenades and the semi auto rifles. I would play on the MsM rifle server any time i got on, if i wouldnt get mowed down by semi autos or blown away by grenades. I would love if MsM rifles lost the semi autos and grenades.
Howell
Howell

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]OldMan Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 am

EDIT: (hehehehe I was so longwinded that Marn and Howell posted before I got this all typed, so some is just repeating Marn's feelings)

I know I am not speaking for others here but I just have to say, I don't believe this has any thing to do with being upset or being disappointed with any members of MsM. I think it is entirely economics. The number of players in 1.3 has and is dwindling. It is just a sad fact.

There was a time when you got on and there were a number of servers with double figures of players. Now it has been reduced to a fair number on MsM all weapons and usually a stray 6 or 7 spread out on a couple of the other servers. It is rare to see more than one server with a decent number of players on at any given time.

In my case, I will be here till they shut out the lights. But I have to say, I see the other side of the equation. Do we, and I mean, Marn and Pun for the most part, continue to pay for something that is rarely used? I know that occasionally some play on the NRNG and rifles but is it right to expect them to pay for the servers that are, for the majority of the month, collecting dust? I also know that some members have donated to the effort, so is it right to see their donations go to something, and I hate to use this word, wasted? That is why I believe it has nothing to do with punishing or thinking less of any members in the clan. It is like having three cars. You drive one and the other two sit in the garage only to be brought out when one of your friends comes to town. You pay for the insurance, gas, etc. and never use them.

Raven, I am not directing any of this towards you or really any specific member of MsM. It is just that I have been playing this game for quite some time and have seen the cycle. Players get bored. Clans change things up. Only to see that players get bored again. Clans change things up. Players move on.

An example I would like to share is one that I had as a member of a clan before I joined MsM. It was called C2A. We went through all kinds of things trying to retain members and do you notice where C2A is today? Defunct. We were strictly a rifles server and had a good number of members and players that kept the server populated. When numbers started dropping in 1.3 we tried the whole zombie thing. It worked. But only for a short period. People got bored with it. Frankly, I hated the mod. The clan tried moving to 1.5. It was short lived. The members scattered to the wind. I was like being a small fish in a huge pond. The number of servers in 1.5 was crazy and to see more than one or two players on our server was rare. We moved back to 1.3. We tried all kinds of custom maps. Fun for a while. Players got bored and moved on. Members got older and their interests changed. I seen the writing on the wall. ABANDON SHIP. Although in this case the ship had already sunk.

So I guess what I am saying and what I believe is that, we do a good job at MsM. And this includes all its members. This is a great diversified bunch. Like you Raven, I enjoy it greatly. I just think that people, no matter what we do, are going to get bored and seek other forms of entertainment. I also think that paying for the other two servers is, in my mind, something that is not necessary. Having one server, All weapons, and running it well is our trademark. Being number 1 at one thing is not bad.

This is just my suggestion. If we reduced to one server, how about when we decide on a clan night or clan weekend, we change up the game styles at that those times? We could have one month's clan night rifles for instance. One month's clan night custom maps. It would give some variety without having to have three servers for those members who enjoy the different variations of the game. It may be totally unfeasible, I really don't know the logistics and trouble that would cause by having to change the server each time. But if it was just one weekend a month or every couple of months, maybe it would be do-able. Someone with knowledge can weigh in here.

I just hate to see money spent needlessly. I know there are some who get on the rifle and nrg server but they are few and far between. I just don't see the justification in keeping them. It is like the saying, "You can't make everybody happy". Sorry, just one oldman's opinion.

Will letting the other servers go disappoint some members? Certainly. I think loyalty to the clan will be tested. But I truly believe the ones that joined this clan for the right reasons will remain and ride out this wonderful adventure.

[WoF]OldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:50 am

Well seems like people had lots to say, I didn't read it all. I'll make this concise. I love rifles, its my favorite. I agree with howell though, I'm not going to play on it if it has nades and semi autos or just one of those. Also, I like the MOC rotation (harbor, dm, tdm, sd). I've only played on MOC a few times though, usually because other people are on it.

I see this last paragraph of the post oldman made, and I agree with it. People will stay with the clan regardless of the servers even if theres only one (allweps). I've said this before and I think that if pun wants to shut down his server, what you could do is turn the rifles into a NRG or Customs. Personally I think it'd be good to have 2 servers, allweps of course, and either a plain rifles with regular maps/custom maps, or a NRG. That's my opinion. If we do keep 2 servers, I think it def. should NOT have nades.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

I play on NRG occasionally with some other people. Oh, we really need at least 2 servers unless when we want to have a scrim we kick everyone off of our allweps. Thats why we should have an NRG server - we can do allweps or rifles. Doesn't matter who's server it is though.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by ES45 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:59 am

I actually agree with oldman, we should stick to one server to save money, and plus not many people are on nowadays.

I have a suggestion, if i may say, We could do a rotation in gametypes, mixing in various gametypes to keep the players entertained. For example, i know that S/D is very popular, if we can fix up the gametypes to limit certain features or add on more features, it would be a cool change. (Just ES45's opinion ^_^)

To be honest, i enjoy rifles over machine guns anyday, as some of the clan members might know ^_^, but playing with mixed weapons isn't so bad.
When I played on all weps, for the first time, i was terrible.... terrible scores for at least 5 months. But soon after i've practiced on all weps made good friends with Uncle Frankie ^_^, (Who helped me practiced as well) i've gotten better. So in my opinion, i'd say limiting ourselves to just one server would benefit us not only in savings but in skills as well ^_^.

Also, when we have inclan's, it would be easier to host it on one ^_^.

Just ES45's opinion ^_^.
ES45
ES45

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:02 pm

With 1 server it would be almost impossible to have inclans unless we want to kick 10+ people off the server. I don't think we need 3 though, just 2.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by ES45 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Also, i agree with fid and howell with the nades, not many people like the grenade feature in a Rifles Servers. Plain Rifles is actually more preferred. ^_^

(Add-on to my opinion) ^_^
ES45
ES45

Back to top Go down

Post by ES45 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Hmmm fid now that i think about it......... 2 would be the preferred amount of servers, one for inclan. one for all weps.............
ES45
ES45

Back to top Go down

Post by Howell Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:15 pm

but if the admins get rid of the nade and pistol on rifles. I will Definatly be on there when ever i play CoD which is alot. Very Happy
Howell
Howell

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:21 pm

yeah i would play on it too but we also need gametype rotation so its not ALWAYS tdm. At least some SD, some DM would be cool too. I don't like playing rifles tdm with 2 people.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Raven Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I agree. Atleast 2 servers. And Old Man I also agree that the loyal MsM members will stay no matter what. I am here for the long hall. So no matter what decisions are made I am behind them. If it came down to one server where we switched up game types or even not, I will still enjoy playing. However like howell said with atleast 2 servers it will be easier to have in clans and scrims. I honestly hate seeing any of the servers go for the simple fact that it is another reason why others prefer to play on our servers because we have different variations of the game. At MsM it doesn't get boring or repetitive. We are the only clan on 1.3 with that. I mean 82nd has a good many of servers but still yet i believe most ppl prefer MsM. 82nd with as many servers they have no one plays there. Anyway as i said I am here for the long run, if the admins decide to cut down to one server then I stand by that desision. I just wanted to state my feelings and opinions on the situation. I may not like it but I do understand that it really doesn't make sense to pay for servers that aren't being played. God bless ya's
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 pm

What customs would you all like to see on the NRG server and do you want to see it an autos or rifle or both or with nades or without? Let me know and we will take a look at getting it set up again. I still have the custom default files that we were running a while back when we had customs so if everyone is still happy with what we had the last time then I can just run those files on the NRG server. Marn and I will get together on the other server (Rifle) and I think he wants to remove the autos and or nades.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Raven Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I know that there was a couple maps that I had really bad fps. It would get down to like 10 fps. Cant remember them off hand but if I do recall correctly the maps that most of liked playing were stargate, mogadishu, omaha beach, bunker court, german town, ghost town, landzits, shore, foy, sniper arena, and second coming (day and night) did i miss any guys?
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Howell Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:45 pm

bedroom was a good one to where everyone was so tiny. other than that i cant think of any more
Howell
Howell

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Raven Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 pm

I think your thinking of feeling small, howell. Very Happy
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiddler Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Haha I remember playing that map years ago, funny map. Not my favorite really though.

I vote NRG, No nades, and a mix of regular/custom maps. All of Ravens minus sniper arena and shore. Maybe a few less. Personally I like a few less maps in the rotation. As for regular, harbor, pavlov, brecourt, dawnville, railyard.
Fiddler
Fiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi guys . if i may suggest this , if you do decide to keep the rifle server , talk to Vixen(when he returns from vacation) , he has all the config files to remove the nades and auto weapons , so that it is just rifles only. That is the way Ownt rifles is set up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Raven Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh Thank you Cap'n! Very much aprieciated Very Happy
Raging Raven
Raging Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Ownt|CPT.Cap'n wrote:Hi guys . if i may suggest this , if you do decide to keep the rifle server , talk to Vixen(when he returns from vacation) , he has all the config files to remove the nades and auto weapons , so that it is just rifles only. That is the way Ownt rifles is set up.

Hey Cap, what do you think we are over here a bunch of dummies lol. We dont need Vixens files to run or change our servers ok lol, we can handle everything we need just fine. No one else needed.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Did not mean to sound too aggressive or anything but I suppose I just wanted to get the point across. We think the world of Vixen and appreciate his help on tech problems for our guys on CoD software from time to time but we can handle the servers just fine. Ok thanks
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SurkuS Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 am

I don't want to get into any of this business so I am posting once on this thread and not anymore. Just saying my thoughts

- I loved that No run and gun server for the custom maps, the default maps get boring, especially harbor. Way overplayed.

- I play rifles for strategy, not to start and get blown up by a grenade or ran over with a pistol Rolling Eyes

SurkuS
SurkuS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next