[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
A SCAM Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
A SCAM Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
A SCAM Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
A SCAM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
A SCAM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
A SCAM Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
A SCAM Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
A SCAM Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
A SCAM Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
A SCAM Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
A SCAM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
A SCAM Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
A SCAM Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
A SCAM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
A SCAM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

A SCAM

+2
Merceri
[WoF]GoA.Pun
6 posters

Go down

A SCAM Empty A SCAM

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

My wife received a letter and a sweepstakes check in the mail today. The letter claims that she has WON a sweepstakes drawing held recently. I contacted the bank that the sweepstakes check is drawn upon (Citibank) and the Citibank Representative told me that the routing number and account number on the check was INDEED LEGITIMATE, however, the Citibank Rep could NOT give me ANY information concerning the check itself because all of their account holders at Citibank have the option of making their account a Private or Public account and that this particular sweepstakes account was a Private account.

I then contacted my own bank that I use for all of my business and personal transactions and my bank ran an inquiry and also told me that the Citibank account was legitimate.

With that I went ahead and contacted "Fred Jackson" the sweepstakes claim agent at the phone number on the sweepstakes claim letter. "Fred Jackson" told me that indeed my wife had won $100.000.00 and that she needed to deposit the sweepstakes check into her checking account and call him tomorrow.

Needless to say, she has not and will not deposit the sweepstakes check into her checking account.

Also, upon further and much closer examination of the check on my computer magnifier, I found that "VOID" is lightly printed all the way across the sweepstakes check.

I intend to call "Fred Jackson" back tomorrow and hear what else he has to say and I am certain that he will tell my wife to go ahead and send the $2866.11 by personal check to him as to cover the taxes of the sweepstakes that my wife has supposedly won.... RIGHT, dont hold your breath "Fred". What a scam. These people should be ashamed of themselves but of course we all know that they are NOT!

PLEASE, if you receive this sweepstakes letter and check in the mail, do not be fooled by this scam. If you receive any sweepstakes check for that matter, make sure that you research it thoroughly before depositing the check and NEVER send money to claim a prize.

This is a total scam and one of the very best that I have ever seen in all my years.

Please see the attached files that I have included with this email. There is a copy of the letter and check there in.

God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Don

You may not be able to see the whole letter and check but you can see enough of it to know what is being stated.

[img]A SCAM Sweeps10[/img]

[img]A SCAM Sweeps12[/img]
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

A SCAM Empty Re: A SCAM

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 pm

good catch pun, if only the ban hammer was usable on real life cheaters

Back to top Go down

Post by Merceri Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Wow.... My grandmother was taken by scammers in a Canadian lottery scam. She lost over $80-90,000 dollars which was basically everything she had.

It is a shame that people are out there doing these types of things.
Merceri
Merceri

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

THanks for the heads up Pun. THis stuff needs to stop.

Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by VIA Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 pm

my mother inlaw last year at this time of the month was taken to her bank by a bank repo and told her that they need her to take out 12.000 to catch the bank manager from stealing from the custom she did just that and to bring the money out of the bank where he said you have done your bank a great thing he would take back her money back to the bank and she would go home and feel she helped catch a bad guy be contacted at a later date to show her bank statement s of what took place on that day at her bank. well she went home and a month or to went by nothing so went back to the bank to see the bank repo and there was knowone there by that name . well the same thing happen all over nova scotia that month by two people the con men got away with over 300.000 dollors of old people s saving they were never cot and no money return the bandit s still at large my mother inlaw still has not got over the shock of giving all that money to that man .dress to play the part with all the right stuff papers and id lucky she got way with her life because he called her on the phone and pick her up and drove her to the bank. [so oldman you be careful out there ] affraid affraid affraid ps she is in her late 80s all the other it happen to 60to 70 year olds so b sharp out there
VIA
VIA

http://kiltskilts@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixen Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 am

Punishment,

Do you mind if I re-post this/ send this to a few people?

-Vixen
Vixen
Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 am

Via: Thats is awful man, these crooks have no heart. SHAMEFUL BUNCH!

Vixen: Absolutely and by all means forward it on, get it to all that you can brother.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Just a follow up: "Fred Jackson" told me yesterday to deposit and then to call him back today....

Today, I contacted "Fred Jackson" as instructed, he told me to go ahead and wire the tax money in the amount of $2866.11 to him via western union. He told me to go to my bank and withdraw the tax money and when I had it in hand to call him back and he would tell me exactly where to wire the money to.......

I am still playing along with the situation and have not informed "Fred Jackson" that I know its a SCAM.

I have however contacted our local newspapers and 2 Television News stations and forwarded all the information that I have on this.

I hope they can bust this guy and his cronies. Disgusting! But the sad truth is, the authorities probably will not be able to get to the ones that are doing the scam. So our best hope is that our other fellow citizens can be informed and not victimized by this.

Thanks for all the forwarding of emails and posting elsewhere that you all have done.

God bless you folks.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VIA Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 pm

you should tell the police to or the FBI that deal with these scams artist
VIA
VIA

http://kiltskilts@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 pm

I contacted the FBI office in Birmingham and also the US Postal Inspector General and all the media that I could. Surely they will shut this thing down. Lol hehehehe glad I still have my $$. Might even take my sweet lady out for dinner this evening.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm

I was explaing this to an aunt of mine.She said they got one of them by the same people 2 months ago and took it to the sherrifs office and they explained to them what it was.So it's hitting every where. What they get out of decieving folks now,will not weigh in as much as what they have to look forward to in Hell if they don't change their way's and repent. God Bless

Marn

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum