[WOF] - Warriors Of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 1 1.5
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 7:15 pm by Howell

» Hello Old {MsM} Friends!
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:20 pm by [WoF]OldMan

» I miss the old days
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am by Howell

» (Updates) How is everone?
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm by [WoF]COL.Papi

» Facebook
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:35 pm by Musik

» Other Games
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm by Agent K

» COD WWII
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm by Howell

» Checking in
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm by Howell

» Hello Everybody!!!!
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm by Howell

» Shifty aka Old school MsM member!
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am by [WoF]James_E

» Hello Everyone
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm by [WoF]James_E

» Agent K is back
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm by Agent K

» Happy Birthday
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm by Pun

» Prayer request
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm by Pun

» Badger
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm by Badger

» Happy New Year!
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm by Badger

» New Job-Prayers Needed
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 pm by Pun

» Death in family
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 am by Pun

» Phoenix
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am by Pun

» Happy 4th
Custom Scopes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 pm by [WoF]James_E

PayPal Donations

Teamspeak Monitor
teamspeak server Hosting by InstantTeamSpeak.comTesting:

Custom Scopes

+4
Kennison
Radish*
Aegis
Default_33
8 posters

Go down

Custom Scopes Empty Custom Scopes

Post by Default_33 Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 pm

hey, i went through the custom maps, and they are pretty awesome, but the scopes mod just makes them bigger, which makes it a lot easier for killing
I found this mod four years ago, and they are some very detailed scopes and they look very nice http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Unique_Scopes;31841
Here are some pics
[img]Custom Scopes 31841_11[/img]
Custom Scopes 31841_2
Custom Scopes 31841_3
Just making a suggestion, maybe if you guys want to use it

And for some reason, the whole pic doesnt fit on th site, so i suggest actually following the link if you find these interesting
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Custom Scopes Empty Re: Custom Scopes

Post by Aegis Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Does it sit still and not move around?
Aegis
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 am

personally, I am not a fan of modified scopes. Back in 1.1, they were considered cheating and highly condemned. Due to the fact that it increases the overall vision of the scope, while other people; do not have the scope mod and thus cannot see as much as would someone else with that mod. In my opinion a clear disadvantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 pm

these scopes are still the same size and still move the same, i just posted these because the ones posted with marn's custom maps are HUGE, and that is a great disadvantage to anyone not using them, i like these because they actually look nice, but there is no advantages or disadvantages t using these
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

personally, I still disagree. A big map does make it harder to see, but in my opinion doesn't give the right to install a new scope. Looks aren't everything either. I am not angry or anything and I am okay with you all using it; I simply refuse to do so. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radish* Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Default_33 wrote:and that is a great disadvantage to anyone not using them

Wait, how is that not an advantage then for using them? I'm with Corn on this one. Any modification that isn't initially offered to every player in game is in some way an advantage over other players.
Radish*
Radish*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennison Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Just to add my 2 cents. I agree with those who say the scopes are an unfair advantage. But I also agree that if it is offered to all then all can use it and if they choose not to they shouldn't complain. I play on a tactical crouch server and they have a scope mod that is an auto download. I didn't even know I had it till I used the scoped rifle. I now know how those I was playing against were shooting me and I couldn't even see them.

I still don't use it unless I can pick one up off the ground. And on certain maps I try to find scoped rifles because they are a definate advantage.

Might I suggest that MsM put the MsM approved scope mod on their auto download so everyone has the same rifle? I would not have known about it on the other server had it not automatically downloaded. And I did not know MsM approved of it until I read this thread. Having the mod is a tremendous advantage. If you haven't used one you don't know the advantage until you do use it. It does make a difference especially on the bigger maps.
Kennison
Kennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Treason Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:06 pm

The thing with auto download is ppl have to have it set to on for it to help them anyway
Treason
Treason

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegis Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Yea I somewhat agree with Kenn but I don't think this will work because of the amount of "noobs" out there. By this, I mean the people who have the auto names set and most likely don't know how to change it. They probably will not understand why they can't get in the server and not know to turn on allow download. I think just putting a message on the forums saying we have a scope open to all is fair enough. Those who choose to take the time to get it will have the advantage.
Aegis
Aegis

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm

ya, maybe we should post a link on the actual server using it for the scopes so everyone can play fair

I just posted these ones because they look nice, they dont do any cheats or make the field of view larger which make it easier for"noobs" (ugh, i cant believe i said that) to get kills, im not saying it IS an advantage for using them, but a disadvantage for anyone NOT using them, because ther scope will be un-modified and smaller
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

{MsM}Msgt.RaDIsH wrote: I'm with Corn on this one.
yay, someone is on my side this time. xD

There used to be a scope I know of, that eliminated the scope entirely. It only showed a green dot in the middle of the screen and everything that was usually blacked off was seen.

This one, in my early years I actually used regretfully. This was definitely a cheat and now I refuse to use modified scopes due to the disadvantage of them and of my own dishonesty and cheating. Just to let you all know, where i come from.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigShow Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 am

I'm w/ Corn, granted everyone has the 'opportunity' to use it but those using unscoped rifles are at a major disadvantage.
BigShow
BigShow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

@Bigshow I definitely agree with you

Again, I feel like i keep saying this; but I will say it again and add to it. lol :-)

Having a modified scope, although having it open to the public to download, still doesnt mean it is fair to have. There are many mods I have seen that are very very unfair, but are offered to public.

Take aimbotting for example, it is very easy to obtain an aimbot from the internet. I already know of two on a well known COD file site. Is aimbotting unfair and a disadvantage, yes! Will everyone download it because it makes things easier, hopefully no.

I know this is an extreme example, but I just feel that modified scopes are taken too lightly and that is why I press the issue. Love ya guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pun Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I say to each their own.It's a game.Some folks needs the advantage.I used to use scoped weapons.Don't any more.I like the Kar.I get owned on sniper maps.I cant just camp.I have to be where the action is.I would most likely be one that the Mod would help.But have no desire to use it.But,I say But,If others want to,so be it.I'll just try to Flank dem and Frank dem.LOL Isnt God Gooooood?????? Now if were talking about auto's.get ya a scope and Hide.the ole guys are comin fer ya.watcha goin to do when we come fer u.LOl Oh and Did i say:God is so Gooood. He is so Gooood to Meeeee.

MsM
Marn

Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by BigShow Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Not complaining that anyone uses the scope mod, I have just started to use it in the last couple weeks. I never knew it was there. I only use it in Hurtgen. However both the scope mod that is higher magnification and an aimbot are available to anyone if you know how to find it. Both give an advantage to the player using it. So it really is the same thing. Both are alterations to the original game.
BigShow
BigShow

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:23 pm

this scope mod isnt a cheat tho, i posted these because they have high-res textures, they just change the way the already in-game scopes look like, but yet are fair to use

I hate scopes which make the area of view so much bigger, cause that is cheating, these are still the same size and work EXACTLY the same as the normal scopes, but with different textures, the meshes are still the same. If you look on the custom maps and scopes section: https://msmcod.forumotion.net/msm-maps-and-scope-mods-f31/custom-maps-and-scope-mod-t1374.htm#7065, the scopes there are larger, very modified, and basically cheating, so i posted these because it is a scope mod that is not a cheat and unfair to use, and it just looks so awesome (i re-skin everything in my game to high-res textures) the textures are basically upgraded with this mod, no change to how they work
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm

i think what bigshow was trying to say that if a certain scope mod cause an unfair advantage to anyone not using it, then its basically cheating to anyone not using it, because a bigger scope and a bigger zoom makes it so much easier to kill,

the ones i posted just changes the textures, performance is not effected
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by [WoF]GoA.Pun Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah your right Default. God bless. I pulled out. Later and I shoot you with my kar hehehehehe lol.
[WoF]GoA.Pun
[WoF]GoA.Pun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Default_33 Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 pm

haha, well u did shoot me with ur kar, so i guess that ends it =)
Default_33
Default_33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down